EARN Maryland Fall 2014 Solicitation for Implementation Grant Proposals
|October 22, 2014
||Implementation Grant Solicitation released
|October 30, 2014
||Implementation Grant Solicitation Pre-Proposal Conference
100 Community Place
Crownsville, MD 21032
Time: 10am to 11:30am
|November 24, 2014
||Deadline for Submission of Proposals in Response to this Solicitation
||DLLR review of Proposals
||Award of Implementation Grants
|April 1, 2015 – March 31, 2017
to EARN Maryland mailing list to receive Program and Grant updates, learn about up-coming EARN-funded Training Opportunities, and more!
Current 2014 EARN Maryland Partnerships
EARN Maryland Resource Page
- Find information on the EARN Maryland Program's history, Sector Strategies in general, and other states' experiences with similar initiatives.
EARN Maryland Pressroom – EARN Maryland Press
Releases, and EARN In the News.
- On Tuesday, September 9, Governor O'Malley visited Pompeian Olive Oil to highlight the EARN Maryland
Program. Pompeian, founded in Baltimore in 1906, has hired 17 new employees in 2014 to date, and will host
the first full EARN Maryland Manufacturing Boot Camp Partnership training beginning on October 13.
to Host EARN Maryland Manufacturing Boot Camp,
MDBIZ News, October 1, 2014
to Discuss EARN Maryland Program, NBC Washington Channel 4 TV, September 9, 2014
to Discuss EARN Maryland program, Washington Post, September 9, 2014
EARN program to launch in Baltimore, The Daily Record, September 9, 2014 (subscription required)
What is EARN Maryland?
EARN Maryland is a new state-funded, competitive workforce development grant program that is industry-led,
regional in focus and a proven strategy for helping businesses cultivate the skilled workforce they need to compete.
It is flexible and innovative, designed to ensure that Maryland employers have the talent they need to compete and
grow in an ever-changing 21st century economy.
EARN Maryland aims to:
- Address the demands of businesses by focusing intensively on the workforce needs of a specific industry
sector over a sustained period.
- Address the needs of workers by creating formal career paths to good jobs, reducing barriers to employment,
and sustaining or growing middle class jobs.
- Encourage mobility for Maryland's most hard-to-serve jobseekers through job readiness training that may
include GED preparation, occupational skills development, literacy advancement, and transportation and child
How Does EARN Maryland Work?
EARN Maryland invests in strategic industry partnerships from key economic sectors in every region. These
partnerships will use the power of coordination across education, workforce and economic development initiatives
to address the multiple needs of companies, starting with the training of skilled workers. Once formed, the
partnerships will develop plans to train and educate workers - and place them in meaningful employment.
- Employers and other potential Partner Organizations: Sign up for our exciting web portal,
EARN MD CONNECT! - EARN MD CONNECT allows EARN Maryland Partnerships,
Partners, and organizations interested in the program to find one another, share information, and collaborate within and between Partnerships. Organizations
who work with potential job seekers are encouraged to sign up so that EARN Partnerships may contact you to develop a workforce pipeline.
- Individual job-seekers to receive announcement of upcoming EARN-funded training opportunities
and recruitment events, SUBSCRIBE
HERE. To explore additional employment opportunities, including positions hiring now, we encourage you to visit the Department of Labor,
Licensing and Regulation's Maryland Workforce Exchange.
Information on Prior Grant Rounds