The purpose of a CCP is to recognize employers with proactive safety and health programs and, in turn, have
MOSH work with the employer to ensure employees are not exposed to hazards. The program has been running since
1997 in construction activities, and has exceeded our expectations as a way to ensure safe workplaces while
improving employer relationships.
This agreement is for companies whose Safety and Health Program and work methods are above
industry standards. This is not a "free pass" from inspections. CCPs have rigorous requirements and only apply
to one worksite per agreement. MOSH expects the best and needs to be able to place a great deal of trust in a
company. Those companies that qualify, have a CCP Agreement they can be proud of and are encouraged to
advertise. (For a complete list of Maryland CCPs, see
List of On-going Outreach Programs.)
What is expected of the company?
- Report all accidents or safety or health related problems to MOSH immediately.
- Keep promises for deadlines for abatement and addressing concerns.
- Continue to improve and maintain the company's safety and health goals.
- Submit annual site reports to include injury/illness rates and training data.
- Ensure all employees on their sites are provided with a safe and healthful workplace.
What can a company expect from MOSH?
- To be treated with the respect they have earned.
- To have scheduled site visits where MOSH representatives walk with the company representatives to observe the
site and offer suggestions and compliance assistance.
- Reduced site work interruptions or delays from general scheduled inspections.
- An agreement the company can show clients that demonstrates their commitment to safety and health and their
relationship with MOSH.
- Once contract is awarded, the company is welcome to send a representative to sit on the CCP Networking Board to
share concerns/solutions, receive safety and health regulatory updates, and work on common problems with MOSH and
Employers and employees benefit from a CCP by working with MOSH to reduce the costs of illnesses and
injuries and providing safe and healthful workplaces.
If you feel a CCP is right for your company, download the
Cooperative Compliance Partnership (CCP) Application (Word document, 372KB, download
Word viewer for free). Complete the form and then mail it to the address indicated on the form.
For more information:
Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation
Division of Labor and Industry
Maryland Occupational Safety and Health (MOSH)
10946 Golden West Drive
Hunt Valley, MD 21031