Maryland Real Estate Commission
Welcome to our home page. We are here to serve both the consumers of Maryland and the real estate licensees that we regulate. The Commission was created to protect the health, safety and welfare of the public through examination, licensing, and regulatory activities, to uphold and apply the governing real estate laws and regulations equally to all, to provide courteous, reasonable, and professional assistance, and to impartially conduct disciplinary actions.
The Commission regulates approximately 40,000 active licensees in Maryland. On our site, you'll find information about our services, answers to questions, and special announcements.
News and Updates
Governor Larry Hogan has approved House Bill 1056 / CH0115 (SB0610). The changes went into effect October 1, 2015.
Significant changes include:
- No reduction in hours for a licensee possessing a graduate degree in law
- No reduction in hours for a licensee possessing a graduate degree in real estate
- All licensees must complete 15 hours of continuing education
- Agency is required for all agents every two (2) years
- Supervision is required for all brokers, designated branch managers and team leaders every two (2) years
Proposed Regulations Currently Open for Public Comment
09.11.09 - Fees; Comment period open October 16, 2015 to November 16, 2015
To register your comments with the Commission, send your letter or e-mail message to Katherine Connelly, Executive Director, Real Estate Commission, 500 N. Calvert Street, 3rd Floor, Baltimore, MD 21202; call 410-230-6227; or fax 410-333-0023.