Apply for an Original Certificate - Certified Interior Designers
If you have successfully passed the NCIDQ Exam, begin your application for certification here:
- Apply for an Original Certificate online
Supporting document to be filed with an Original Certificate application:
Support Form for Application for Certification (Word)
After completing the online application, complete this form and e-mail it to DLOPLBoardofCertifiedInteriorDesigners-DLLR@maryland.gov.
Once your initial application has been approved, complete the process for a Maryland Certificate online.
Please read ALL requirements and instructions before proceeding with the application process.
CERTIFICATION VIA NCIDQ EXAM
Qualifications for Certification
To qualify for a certificate, an applicant shall be an individual who meets the requirements of this section.
- The applicant shall be of good character and reputation.
- The applicant shall be at least 18 years old.
- The applicant shall:
- File an application and pay an application fee;
- Have satisfied education and experience requirements necessary to qualify for the National Council of Interior Design Qualification Examination (NCIDQ), or its equivalent, as determined by the Board; and
- Have passed the National Council of Interior Design Qualification Examination or its equivalent.
To apply for the National Council of Interior Design Qualification Examination (NCIDQ), see the Exams feature on our website.
- Click on the “Apply for an Original Certificate online” link at the top of this page.
- Contact NCIDQ and request that a verification of passing the exam be sent to the Board.
Certificate Period: Two-year period from the date of issuance.