Apply for an Original Firm Permit - Examiners of Landscape Architects
- Apply for an original firm permit online
Supporting document to be filed with an original firm permit application:
After completing the online application, complete this form and e-mail it to DLOPLBoardofExaminersofLandscapeArchitects-DLLR@maryland.gov.
- Partnership (Permit): A partnership through which landscape architecture is practiced in Maryland. A partner who holds a Maryland landscape architect license must be designated as the responsible member.
- Corporation (Permit): A corporation through which landscape architecture is practiced in Maryland. An officer of the corporation, who holds a Maryland landscape architect license, must be designated as the responsible member.
- A permit is required before a corporation or partnership:
- Operates a business through which a licensed landscape architect practices landscape architecture; and
- Represents to the public that the business provides the services of a licensed landscape architect.
A permit authorizes the holder to provide a service that constitutes practicing landscape architecture only if the service is performed by an individual who is licensed or otherwise authorized to practice landscape architecture in Maryland.
- All firms, except a partnership, must provide evidence of the business' Good Standing status with the Maryland Department of Assessments and Taxation (SDAT). Evidence may be provided by printing a results screen from SDAT's Charter Record Search database. Once the business entity is located through the search, click on the "General Info" link. Print that window, and send it to the Board. There is no fee due to SDAT for printing the window.
Permit Period: Two-year period from the date of issuance.