09.15.01 - Board of Heating, Ventilation, Air-Conditioning, and Refrigeration Contractors - Final Regulations
FINAL ACTION ON REGULATIONS
MARYLAND REGISTER, VOLUME 44, ISSUE 10,
FRIDAY, MAY 12, 2017
DEPARTMENT OF LABOR, LICENSING, AND REGULATION
Subtitle 15 STATE BOARD OF HEATING, VENTILATION, AIR-CONDITIONING, AND REFRIGERATION CONTRACTORS
Authority: Business Regulation Article, §§9A-205, 9A-207, and 9A-304(f), Annotated Code of Maryland
Notice of Final Action
On March 8, 2017, the State Board of Heating, Ventilation, Air-Conditioning, and Refrigeration Contractors adopted amendments to Regulation .01 under COMAR 09.15.01 Fees. This action, which was proposed for adoption in 44:2 Md. R. 120—121 (January 20, 2017), has been adopted as proposed.
Effective Date: May 22, 2017.
Mechanical Licensing Boards
A. An applicant for an appropriate licensing examination shall pay [an] the examination fee [for examination as follows:
(1) $150 for a master, limited contractor, and journeyman;
(2) $50 for a master restricted and journeyman restricted in one of the following categories:
(a) Air conditioning;
(b) Forced air heating;
(c) Hydronic heating;
(d) Refrigeration; and
(3) $100 for a master restricted and journeyman restricted heating:
(4) $44 for an inspector.]
directly to the testing service chosen by the Board to develop or administer the examination, as such fees are established by the testing service selected by the Board.
B. An applicant who fails an examination:
(1) May reapply to take the examination  30 days after the date the applicant last took the examination; and
(2) Shall pay the fee for the examination in the manner described in §A of this regulation.
C. (text unchanged)