Farm Labor Contractor Registration - Employment Standards Service (ESS)
The Farm Labor Contractor's Law requires all farm labor contractors who work in Maryland to be licensed by the Commissioner of Labor and Industry. The law also imposes duties on a farm labor contractor regarding the employment, housing and transportation of migrant agricultural workers. Growers must verify that a farm labor contractor is licensed before using the contractor's services.
- Completion of application form (Word)
- $25 application fee.
- Two recent passport-size color photographs of the applicant.
- U.S. Department of Labor registration as a farm labor contractor, with authorization to drive and transport migrant agricultural workers (if applicable).
- Proof of workers' compensation insurance.
- Proof of vehicle insurance issued by a Maryland-authorized company for each vehicle to be used to transport migrant agricultural workers in Maryland.
$25 per year. Licensing year begins March 1.
Other related sites:
Federal Migrant and Seasonal Agricultural Worker Protection Act
For additional information, contact:
Division of Labor and Industry
Farm Labor Contractors Licensing Program
1100 North Eutaw Street, Room 607
Baltimore, Maryland 21201