Renew or Reinstate an Appraiser License - Real Estate Appraisers, Appraisal Management Companies and Home Inspectors
- Renew an appraiser license online (for reinstatement of an appraiser license, please contact the Commission)
ATTN: Effective November 1, 2023, any currently licensed appraiser, certified appraiser, and appraiser trainee, applying for
license or certificate renewal shall successfully complete during the preceding 3-year license cycle a minimum of 3 hours of
appraisal education related to racial discrimination and implicit bias. (posted 5/8/23)
THE MANDATORY 42 HOURS OF CONTINUING EDUCATION MUST BE COMPLETED IN FULL BEFORE RENEWING YOUR APPRAISER LICENSE.
Please read ALL requirements and instructions before proceeding with the application process.
A real estate appraiser license must be renewed by the third anniversary of the issuance of the license and every three years thereafter. The Commission will mail renewal applications and instructions approximately 30 days prior to the expiration date of the current license. If a licensee's failure to receive a license renewal packet is due to his or her failure to advise the Commission of a change of address, the Commission is not responsible for late renewals or any late fees that might be imposed. A written request is required in order to change your licensing records to reflect a change of address.
If it is required that you have a certification or complete a certain number of continuing education or competency units, credits, or hours of instruction in order to be eligible to renew or reinstate your license, certificate, or registration, you must fulfill these requirements prior to submitting your application. The required continuing education or competency units, credits or hours must be completed before you file this application for renewal or reinstatement, regardless of the expiration date on the license, certificate or registration to be renewed.
If you have not fully completed the courses, units, credits, or hours you are certifying that you have taken, you may be subject to disciplinary action for falsely representing that you have met the requirements and qualify for the license, certificate or registration for which you have applied. The results of disciplinary action against you could include the suspension or revocation of the license, certificate, or registration that you have obtained.
Reinstatement of an Expired License
The Commission may not reinstate the license of a real estate appraiser who for any reason fails to apply for reinstatement within nine years after the license has expired.
A real estate appraiser who fails to renew his or her license during its regular term may renew the license/certificate if the applicant meets all continuing education and filing requirements and pays the Commission a reinstatement fee of $75 in addition to the renewal fee required. Prior to the reinstatement of an expired license/certificate, a license/credential holder must complete all required continuing education hours that would have been required if the license/credential was in an active status, dating back to the expiration of the license/certificate. The required hours must also include the most recent edition of a seven-hour National USPAP Update Course. Please note that any statutory obligation or Commission approval may also be required.
Before You Begin:
- For best results, we recommend using the most recent version of your browser to access the electronic licensing programs. You can update your browser at no additional cost by visiting our browser information section.
- When you go online, you will create a password by identifying yourself with certain personal information. Then, with this password and your registration number, you will be able to apply for, renew, or update a license record at your convenience with a password unique and more memorable to you.
- We are collecting your e-mail addresses for Commission use in order to facilitate our communication with you.
To Renew Your License:
- Click on the “Renew an appraiser license online” link at the top of this page.
- Enter your registration number exactly as it appears on the data card. Follow the instructions to create your password or to use your previously created password.
- When confirmation is received that the transaction has been completed, PRINT the confirmation screen for your records. Please note that printing the confirmation screen only confirms the transaction, not the issuance of a license.