Important Notice for Our Current Licensees and New License Applicants - Financial Regulation Electronic Licensing
Access to our licensing applications is password-protected to secure your license information from unauthorized access. The procedure, which we use, was developed according to current industry standards and is both secure and convenient. Acquire and maintain your password as follows:
- If you are applying for a new (original) license, simply complete the desired application online. A password and sign-on are not necessary.
- If your application is approved, we will mail the license to your organization. We will also separately mail a Personal Identification Number (PIN).
- Your organization will need to designate a license administrator for online purposes, who will possess and maintain the password.
- The PIN is to be used once, during the first visit that requires a sign-on (a renewal or any interim name or address change). At that time, the license administrator will provide certain personal, identifying information to us and will select the password, which must consist of 4 to 8 characters and/or numeric digits.
- After the administrator creates the password online, they will be able to change it, if they want, or create a new one, if they forget. The password must be used during all subsequent site visits to access information for that license.
Specific directions for each licensing program and category are detailed on their application pages. The screens will take you step-by-step through the application process. Here are a few general instructions to remember:
- You can update your browser by visiting our browser information section.
- To sign on, use the registration number and license type as they appear on the form, that we sent you. You will also need a password, which the system will help you select online. If you are applying for a new (original) business permit or for a reciprocal, temporary, limited or new apprentice license, simply complete the desired application online. A sign-on is not necessary.
- When you submit your application, if you fail to complete any required items on the application screens or enter invalid data (e.g.: an invalid date), you will be presented with an error message. Use your browser's "back" button to return to previous screens to correct the indicated missing or invalid information.
- Before submitting your credit card information, it is advisable to review your application. You may review previous screens by using your browser's "back" and "forward" buttons.
Please contact us, if you have any questions - 410-230-6097 or 1-888-784-0136 (toll free).
Hours of operation are Monday - Friday, 8:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. (EST/EDT).
To safeguard your personal information, we use SSL (Secure Socket Layers), the industry-standard online transaction security method. SSL encrypts all of your licensing application so that no part of it, including your license registration number, password, Social Security Number, name or credit card number, can be read in transit by some third party. Consequently, your information is safer when you renew online through SSL than when you make a credit card purchase in a restaurant or a store. Review DLLR's privacy statement.
Should the response time in communicating with our Web site be unacceptable, we recommend trying early in the day or during non-business hours. If, in completing your transaction, you have a technical problem, please complete the online form. Please be prepared to enter the following:
- Your full name;
- The board for which you wish to apply for or renew your license
- Your registration number, if applicable;
- Your e-mail address;
- Your telephone number;
- Your fax number, if applicable;
- The type of web browser and version, for example, Chrome 58.0.3029.110 (64-bit);
- Your computer operating system, for example, Windows 10;
- Your Internet service provider, for example, Comcast;
- The date and time you experienced the problem; and
- A description of the problem.