If you are unable to complete your transaction due to unexplained problems,
you may need to update your browser. You may upgrade to the latest version of your browser by clicking
on browser updates and information.
Electronic Licensing General Directions,
Electronic Licensing Security,
Technical Services Support & On-Line Support
Forms (available in Word format, download
Word viewer for free, or PDF format, download Adobe Acrobat for free)
Fees are set by Law and Regulation and are subject to change with public notice given.
- Contractor's License: Original - $370; Renewal - $405.42
- Subcontractor's License: Original - $170; Renewal - $150
- Sales License: Original - $120; Renewal - $100
There is a $50.00 fee to place a license on inactive status.
Note: Persons who hold inactive licenses cannot enter into home improvement contracts or perform any home
To change from inactive status to active status there is a $10.00 reactivation fee for all licenses.
Contractors must also submit a credit report, proof of liability insurance and $75 for the Guaranty Fund
- Contractor's License: Renewal - $112.50
- Subcontractor's License: Renewal - $62.50
- Sales License: Renewal - $37.50
Electronic Licensing General Directions
Specific directions for each licensing program and category are detailed on their
application pages. The screens will take you step-by-step through the
application process. Here are a few general instructions to remember:
- For best results, we recommend using the most recent version to access the electronic licensing programs. You
can update your browser at no additional cost by visiting our
browser information section.
- To sign on, use the registration number and license type as they appear on
the form, that we sent you. You will also need a password, which the
system will help you select online. If you are applying for a new
(original) business permit or for a reciprocal, temporary, limited
or new apprentice license, simply complete the desired application
online. A sign-on is not necessary.
- When you submit your application, if you fail to complete any required items
on the application screens or enter invalid data (e.g.: an invalid
date), you will be presented with an error message. Use your
browser's "back" button to return to previous screens to
correct the indicated missing or invalid information.
- Before submitting your credit card information, it is advisable to review
your application. You may review previous screens by using your
browser's "back" and "forward" buttons.
Please contact us, if you have any questions - 410-230-6231 or 1-888-218-5925 (toll free).
Hours of operation are Monday - Friday, 8:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. (EST/EDT).
Electronic Licensing Security
To safeguard your personal information, we use SSL (Secure Socket Layers), the
industry-standard online transaction security method. SSL encrypts all
of your licensing application so that no part of it, including your
license registration number, password, Social Security Number, name or
credit card number, can be read in transit by some third party.
Consequently, your information is safer when you renew online through
SSL than when you make a credit card purchase in a restaurant or a
store. Review DLLR's privacy statement.
Electronic Licensing Customer Service & Technical Services
The Internet is a worldwide public network that millions of people use daily. The time it takes to complete your licensing transaction will vary based on the number of people sharing the Internet. It is difficult to tell you precisely how long it will take to complete your licensing transaction. The best we can do is to give you an estimate. The best time will be between 5 and 10 minutes. The worst time will be between 15 and 20 minutes.
Should the response time in communicating with our Web site be unacceptable, we
recommend trying early in the day or during non-business hours. If, in completing your transaction, you have a technical problem, please
click on the link below and complete the online form. Please be prepared to enter the following:
- Your full name;
- The board for which you wish to apply for or renew your license
- Your registration number, if applicable;
- Your e-mail address;
- Your telephone number;
- Your fax number, if applicable;
- The type of web browser and version, for example, Internet Explorer 6;
- Your computer operating system, for example, WindowsXP;
- Your Internet service provider, for example, AOL;
- The date and time you experienced the problem; and
- A description of the problem.