Safety and Health Achievement Recognition Program (SHARP) - MOSH Consultation Services
SHARP is a recognition program administered by MOSH for smaller, high-hazard employers who operate exemplary safety and health programs. SHARP rewards businesses with exemplary programs by removing their company's name from MOSH's Programmed Inspection Schedule.
Becoming a SHARP company takes commitment and dedication as indicated in the requirements below.
A single consultation visit does not automatically make you a SHARP member.
Employers requesting SHARP must meet the following criteria:
- Be a fixed worksite (construction companies are not eligible)
- Have at least one year operating history
- Have lost workday injury and illness rate and Total Recordable Case Rate at levels below the national average for their industry SIC (Standard Industrial Classification code)
- Agree to a comprehensive safety and health consultative survey and to correct all hazards identified by the MOSH Consultants. Agree to follow-up visits by the Consultants.
- Agree to notify the Consultation Program Manager prior to making any changes in working conditions or work processes that might introduce new hazards into the workplace.
- Implement an effective safety and health program addressing, at a minimum, the elements of the 1989 Safety and Health Program Management Guidelines
- Involve employees in the development, operation, and improvement of all elements of the workplace safety and health program.
Employers that join the Safety and Health Achievement Recognition Program (SHARP) reduce workplace accidents, injuries and workers compensation costs while increasing employee morale and productivity.
Current Active SHARP sites
- A & A Global Industries
- Hub Labels
- Stanley Black and Decker Powdered Metal Manufacturer
- Acadia Windows and Doors
Safety & Health Achievement Recognition Program (SHARP) brochure