State Collection Agency Licensing Board - Financial Regulation
Antonio P. Salazar, Commissioner of Financial Regulation
The State Collection Agency Licensing Board has statutory responsibility for the licensing of collection agencies operating in Maryland. The governor, with the consent of the Senate, appoints the four-member board, consisting of two consumer representatives and two industry representatives. The commissioner serves as chairman. The board addresses written complaints, conducts hearings on alleged violations, mediates disputes, and issues orders requiring licensees to correct violations. The board informs both licensees and the public about abusive debt collection practices.
Devki Dave, Administrator, 410-230-6019.
State Collection Agency Licensing Board Meeting Notice
The next monthly meeting of the State Collection Agency Licensing Board will be held on Tuesday, October 13, 2020 at 2 p.m. In response to Governor Hogan’s Executive Order number 20-03-30-01 (Stay-at-Home Order) and other applicable emergency orders, this meeting will be held via video-conference. The meeting may be accessed at Google Meet and will be available by telephone at +1 617-675-4444, PIN 600 519 678 1925#.
Posted: September 17, 2020
State Collection Agency Board Meeting Minutes:
- August 10, 2020 open session meeting minutes
- July 13, 2020 open session meeting minutes
- June 8, 2020 open session meeting minutes
- May 11, 2020 open session meeting minutes
- April 13, 2020 open session meeting minutes
- March 9, 2020 open session meeting minutes
- February 10, 2020 open session minutes
- January 13, 2020 open session minutes