Office of the Commissioner of Financial Regulation


I have an inquiry or complaint about my credit report...


As a resident of the state of Maryland, you are entitled to a free copy of your credit report once every twelve months. To obtain a copy of your report, contact the reporting agencies listed below. You may also consider visiting Annual Credit Report to obtain all three credit reports. If you are disputing information contained in your credit file, please try to resolve the matter directly with the credit reporting agency. If you are dissatisfied with the results you may file a written complaint with this office for assistance.

Trans Union Corporation
Consumer Relations
2 Baldwin Place
Chester, PA 19022
1-800- 916-8800
Fax: 610-546-4606
P.O. Box 2002
Allen, TX 75013
Fax: 972-390-3569
P.O. Box 105873
Atlanta, GA 30348 
Fax: 770-612-2744

You may place either a fraud alert or a security freeze on your credit report by contacting each credit reporting agency and requesting the appropriate action. A fraud alert notifies potential creditors that you might be an identity theft victim and that the credit reporting agency will be contacting you directly for identity and new credit verification before allowing new credit to be opened in your name. You will not be charged for a fraud alert; however, there is a $5 fee for each occurrence of placing, lifting, or removing a security freeze. A security freeze is a restriction with the credit reporting agencies that prohibits the release of your credit report and any other information contained within your credit report without your expressed authorization. Currently, you may place a security freeze by contacting each credit reporting agency by either electronic mail or certified mail.


Protecting Your Credit Worthiness pamphlet

 Consumer Advisories  Inquiries and Complaints  Find Someone Who is Licensed
 Mortgage and Foreclosure Information  Enforcement Actions and Consent Orders  Free Credit Report
 Frequently Asked Questions  Publications