Proposed Action - Appraisers - Supervising Appraisers and Appraiser Trainees
The Commission of Real Estate Appraisers, Appraisal Management Companies and Home Inspectors proposes to (1) Repeal existing Regulations .01 and 02 and adopt new
Regulations .01 and .02 under COMAR 09.19.04 Supervising Appraisers and Appraiser Trainees; and
(2) Repeal existing Regulation .02 under COMAR .09.19.02 General Regulations.
This action was considered at a public meeting of the Commission held on December 9, 2014, notice of which was given in 41:23 Md. R 1416 (November 14, 2014) pursuant to
State Government Article, §10-506(c) Annotated Code of Maryland.
Notice of this action is published on page 174 of the Maryland Register, Volume 42, Issue 2,
January 23, 2015. Final action on the proposal will be considered by the Commission of Real Estate Appraisers, Appraisal Management Companies and Home Inspectors, during
a public meeting to be held on April 14, 2015, at 10:30 a.m., at 500 N. Calvert Street, Baltimore, MD 21202.
2015 AQB Criteria
The Appraiser Qualification Board ("AQB") adopted future changes to the Real Property Appraiser
The following criteria changes are under the new criteria and will take effect on January 1, 2015:
- Applicants for the Certified Residential and Certified General classifications will have to possess a
Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college or university;
- Applicants for the Licensed Residential classification will have to have successfully completed 30 semester
hours of college-level education from an accredited college, junior college, community college, or university, or
have an Associate's degree or higher from an accredited college, junior college, community college, or university;
- All new candidates will be required to undergo a criminal background check;
- Prohibition of repetitive continuing education in the same continuing education cycle;
- Revisions to the Trainee Appraiser classification that will include a requirement to take a course oriented
to the requirements and responsibilities of Trainee Appraisers and Supervisory Appraisers; and
- New Supervisory Appraiser requirements.