- Labor Market and Workforce Information
- Connections with government and community agencies
- Connections with local educational and training institutions
- Assistance in the recruitment and/or hiring of individuals
- Connect with other Internet resources.
- Technical assistance concerning state
and federal labor laws,
pre-employment inquiries, and equal
opportunity/affirmative action information.
- Access required posters for display at your business.
- Facility use in recruitment efforts with access to telephones, fax
machines, copiers and internet.
- Targeted and customized job fairs and recruitment activities.
- Migrant and
seasonal farm worker services.
To connect with these services, simply e-mail
Many of our services are also available on-line:
Connect with Job Seekers on the Internet
Recruitment through the Baltimore City One-Stop Job Centers is quick and easy with no
charge to the employer or job seeker. Automation allows your openings to reach
candidates conducting their own job search.
Workforce Exchange is Maryland's source for information and services for job
seekers and employers. Post openings and search resumes at no cost to you.
Entering postings in the Maryland Workforce Exchange will also post to America's
Job Exchange and Job Central.
Baltimore City One-Stop Job Centers have dedicated veteran staff working exclusively
with veterans to help reduce your training and recruiting costs. Services
include: hiring assistance to federal contractors, information concerning Uniform
Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA), Homeless
Veterans' Reintegration Project (Grant Information) and other information
pertaining to veterans hiring.
Connect with Incentive Programs
Money saving incentives on wages and taxes can be obtained through special
programs. Federal and
State Tax Credits reduce an employer's cost of doing business and require
little paperwork. The success and growth of these credits for private-sector
employers depend on a strong public-and private-sector partnership.
If you are receiving Community
Development Block Grant (CBDG) incentives, the Maryland One-Stop Career
Center can assist in recruiting low to moderate income applicants. The Department
of Business and Economic Development can also assist your business with additional financing programs.
Connect with Training Programs
Training incentives available through the Workforce
Investment Act may include: On-the-Job Training (OJT), cooperative programs
(workplace & instruction), skills upgrade training, entrepreneurial,
occupational skills, job readiness, and customized training. For more
information, contact Baltimore City Office of Employment Development.
Baltimore City Community College
offers wide variety of non-credit educational
opportunities through the Continuing Education and Training Division. Courses in
almost any subject area desired by local businesses, agencies and groups can be
custom designed to fit your needs.
Navigator Program may provide information and training to businesses to
promote the hiring of people with disabilities and share knowledge as it relates
to applicable accommodations in the workplace. The Disability Navigator may
provide information on state of the art rehabilitation technology and local or regional resources.
Connect with Workforce Data
As part of the Maryland Department of Labor,
Licensing, and Regulation, the Baltimore City One-Stop Job Centers can put you in
touch with DLLR's Labor Market Analysis and
Information office for free information concerning labor trends and market
conditions within the state.
Report New Hires
The Maryland New Hire
Registry provides employers with an efficient method of reporting new
employees and accessing information about the Maryland New Hire Registry.
- Your secure on-line source for employer information
- File and Pay your taxes on-line
- File prior quarter tax returns
- WebWage - allows even large employers to file on-line
- Change your address
- Review and print quarterly benefit charge statements
- Review your account history
- Review and print annual rating notices
- Request to close your account
a Request for Separation Information Online
- E-Wage Filing - File your wage records via secure E-Mail
Employer Account Registration
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Employer UI information
- Employment Related Posters
- Employer's Quick
Reference Guide - Everything an employer should know about unemployment insurance
- Business Transfer Report - Use this report to
notify DLLR when transferring workforce or payroll from one business entity to another.