- Labor Market and Workforce Information
- Connections with government and community agencies
- Connections with local educational and training institutions
- Assistance in the recruitment and/or hiring of individuals
- Connect with other Internet resources.
- Technical assistance concerning state
and federal labor
laws, pre-employment inquiries, and equal
opportunity/affirmative action information.
- Access required posters
for display at your business.
- Facility use in recruitment efforts with access to telephones, fax machines, copiers and internet.
- Targeted and customized job fairs and recruitment activities.
- Migrant and seasonal farm worker services.
To connect with these services, simply e-mail
our office, or call 301-618-8425.
Many of our services are also available on-line:
with Job Seekers on the Internet
Recruitment through the Prince George's One-Stop Career Center is quick and easy
with no charge to the employer or job seeker. Automation allows your
openings to reach candidates conducting their own job search.
Workforce Exchange is Maryland's source for information and services
for job seekers and employers. Post openings and search resumes at no cost
to you. Entering postings in the Maryland Workforce Exchange will also
post to America's
Job Exchange and Job Central.
Prince George's One-Stop Career Center have dedicated veteran staff working
exclusively with veterans to help reduce your training and recruiting
costs. Services include: hiring assistance to federal contractors,
information concerning Uniform
Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA), Homeless
Veterans' Reintegration Project (Grant Information) and other
information pertaining to veterans hiring.
Connect with Incentive Programs
Money saving incentives on wages and taxes can be obtained through
special programs. Federal
and State Tax Credits reduce an employer's cost of doing business and
require little paperwork. The success and growth of these credits for
private-sector employers depend on a strong public-and private-sector partnership.
If you are receiving Community
Development Block Grant (CBDG) incentives, the Maryland One-Stop
Career Center can assist in recruiting low to moderate income applicants.
The Department of
Business and Economic Development can also assist your business with additional financing programs.
Connect with Training Programs
Training incentives available through the Workforce
Investment Act may include: On-the-Job Training (OJT), cooperative
programs (workplace & instruction), skills upgrade training,
entrepreneurial, occupational skills, job readiness, and customized
training. For more information, contact the
Prince George's Workforce Service Corporation.
Prince George's Community College offers wide variety of non-credit
educational opportunities through the Continuing Education & Training
Division of Prince George's Community College. Courses in almost any subject area
desired by local businesses, agencies and groups can be custom designed to fit your needs.
Navigator Program may provide information and training to businesses
to promote the hiring of people with disabilities and share knowledge as
it relates to applicable accommodations in the workplace. The Disability
Navigator may provide information on state of the art rehabilitation
technology and local or regional resources.
Connect with Workforce Data
As part of the Maryland Department of
Labor, Licensing, and Regulation, the Prince George's One-Stop Career Center can
put you in touch with DLLR's Labor Market
Analysis and Information office for free information concerning labor
trends and market conditions within the state.
Report New Hires
The Maryland New Hire
Registry provides employers with an efficient method of reporting new
employees and accessing information about the Maryland New Hire Registry.
- WebTax - Your secure on-line
source for employer information
- File and Pay your taxes on-line
- File prior quarter tax returns
- WebWage - allows even large employers to file on-line
- Change your address
- Review and print quarterly benefit charge statements
- Review your account history
- Review and print annual rating notices
- Request to close your account
- Submit a Request for
Separation Information Online
- E-Wage Filing - File your wage records via secure E-Mail
- New Employer
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Employer UI information
- Employment Related Posters
- Employer's Quick Reference Guide - Everything
an employer should know about unemployment insurance
- Business Transfer Report - Use this report to
notify DLLR when transferring workforce or payroll from one business entity to another.